1st Annual Pinewood Derby Invitational
JAN. 19, 2019
All area Trail Life USA and American Heritage Girl troops are invited.
Troop Members and Registered Adults are free
All proceeds will go to Troop MI 1613.
Heats will be by age group/program level
There will be an open class for any non-members and a Troop Leader Race (neither is eligible for Championship Race)
The winner from each age group/program level will move on to the Championship Race where the top 3 finishers will receive a trophy. Trophy winners are not eligible for any other awards.
Fun awards will be given in many different categories (TBD).
- Must start with block of pine wood (no cars from previous years are allowed).
- Troop Member must have contributed significantly to making the car.
- Overall length shall not exceed 7”
- Overall width shall not exceed 2 ¾”
- Overall height shall not exceed 3”
- Distance between the wheels cannot be less than 1 ¾”
- Overall weight shall not exceed 5 oz.
- The bottom clearance of the car must be at least 3/8”
- Car must be freewheeling.
- Prohibited items: wheel bearings, bushings, washers, springs, and starting devices.
All cars must pass inspection before the races start and will be impounded until the race.
Any cars not passing inspection may go to the garage where modifications can be made to meet the standards.
Any cars that are damaged during a race have until their next race to attempt a repair at the Garage.
Contact Pastor Chris Minor at 616-754-9385 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.